Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Farewell Hines Ward


An ST11 Original



When I think of Steelers football, I immediately think of Hines Ward.

Hard to imagine in '98, he was the 14th receiver taken off the board.

He represented the Black & Gold year after year,

We never wanted it to happen, but we knew the time was near.


Fourteen years of physical damage and enduring the aching pain.

He got up every time with a smile and never needed to complain.

Winning two Super Bowls & being a fan favorite, it's sad to see him leaving.

Below-average speed, dependable hands, 12000 yards receiving.

He's been tagged by many for being the National Football League's dirtiest player,

I'll remember his 3rd down conversions which made him a pro defensive back slayer.


I speak for myself when I say this, but many others will feel the same,

One day, Mr. Ward, we'll be seeing you inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I say this on behalf of all of Steelers Nation,

Good luck Hines, we will never be able to show you our full appreciation.


- ST11

No comments: